Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (Skyfall series)
After the first Aqua Terra models were discontinued in 2010, a new model followed in the same year: the AT "Skyfall" - we call it Skyfall because it was worn by Daniel Craig in the Skyfall James Bond movie in 2012 (ref 22.214.171.124.03.001, blue model). Omega introduced a lot of changes in this model:
- The dial featured a pattern made of vertical stripes
- A date window frame was added
- The shape of the hands was changed to make them look more sporty, their tip has been cut and they now expose a flat surface
- A 60-minute graduation appeared on the outside of the hour markers
- The shapes of the hour markers is very prominent and they are now covered with lume.
- Finally an entirely new movement was built: the Omega 8500 co-axial movement.
Unlike the 2500 which was based on an existing calibre (ETA 2892), the 8500 movement has been designed from scratch. It features a new co-axial escapement assembly with 3 levels as George Daniels designed it. Through the transparent case back, you can see 2 spring barrels that ensure precision even when power runs low. The power reserve of the Omega 8500 is 60 hours and the watch is COSC certified as you would expect.
This model was available in 2 sizes:
- 38.5mm (ref 126.96.36.199.XX.XXX with 19mm lug width)
- 41.5mm (ref 188.8.131.52.XX.XXX with 20mm lug width)
The thickness of the watch increased to 12.85mm with the 8500 movement, due to the 3 level co-axial escapement. As you can see from the pictures, there is a significant difference in height between the two models. The 2500 model is thin and discrete, whereas the 8500, with its bold and relatively chunky feel, has definitely more wrist presence.
The lugs of the Skyfall AT got shortened, making the 38.5mm model more adapted for smaller wrists than its 39.5mm diameter predecessor.
Here are 8 suggestions on eBay for the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (Skyfall series):
- Time left03h 10m 41s
- Time left23h 47m 13s
The Omega Speedmaster is a legendary watch. It's a masterpiece that all watch enthusiasts want to have in their collection. The Speedmaster Professional was created in 1957 and ...
Rolex developed the GMT-Master for airline pilots and released it in 1954. In 1983, the Rolex GMT-Master II was released. This model has become iconic and a reference for many in ...
The Roman numerals have been used in watches since the concept of time was invented. You can guess from their name that Roman Numerals originated in ancient Rome. They give a ...
Be part of the conversation